Bald is Beautiful – Saturday, May 2, 2020
Where: MJD & Co. Hair Design, The Center at Keene, 149 Emerald Street
When: 9:00 am to 2:00pm
To register and begin fundraising or to make a donation, please visit Bald is Beautiful 2020.
Click here to create and share your own fundraising page.
Bald is Beautiful is a fundraiser for Cheshire Medical Center’s Norris Cotton Cancer Center Kingsbury Pavilion, our local nonprofit cancer center in Keene, NH. Participants gather donations from their neighbors, co-workers, family and friends and, in turn for that support, have their head shaved, or donate their hair, courtesy of MJD & Co. Hair Designs.
All proceeds support the Patient Relief Fund* and Cancer Care Fund* and benefit local cancer patients.
Do I have to shave my head? No!
• If a participant has 10 or more inches of hair, it can be donated to Pantene Great Lengths. This can be done instead of, or in addition to, shaving your head.
• Join a team, only one team member has to shave their head.
• Instead of shaving, share why you are passionate about this cause. Creating your page to share how cancer has touched you or a loved one is a powerful way to raise awareness and support for patients in treatment.
To view photos from the 2019 event, please visit Scott Hussey’s website. Thank you, Scott!
Tips for fundraising:
- Let people know why you are participating.
- Use all kinds of media – Facebook, Twitter, email, phone calls, etc. to ask for donations.
- Ask local businesses to donate to you and/or your team.
- Share stories (with permission if needed) of people you know who have been impacted by cancer.
- Start fundraising early.
- Say “Thank You”!!
Thank you to Scott Hussey Photography for being the photo sponsor for Bald is Beautiful! Scott joins us again this year and will be taking wonderful Before & After photos of participants. To view the 2019 photo gallery, please visit Scott’s website. Thank you!
For questions or more information:
Please contact Jennifer Doyle, Events & Communications at 603-354-5454 x2116 or email@example.com
Thank you for supporting our local cancer patients!
*The Patient Relief Fund provides financial assistance to local patients receiving care at the Kingsbury Pavilion who have difficulty covering daily living costs like gas, heating fuel, and groceries. The Cancer Care Fund allows the purchase of equipment and items for patient care and comfort at the Kingsbury Pavilion.
Thank you to our current 2020 sponsors!
To learn more about becoming a sponsor of Bald is Beautiful, please contact Jim Boden, Director of Annual Giving, at 603-354-6810.