Bald is Beautiful – Online Fundraiser
Who: You, your family, friends and neighbors
Where: From the comfort of your own home!
When: Now until May 31, 2020
Click here to make a donation or learn more about Bald is Beautiful 2020.
Click here to create and share your own fundraising page.
Out of care for our community and an abundance of caution as we confront COVID-19 together, Cheshire Health Foundation has made the decision to cancel the live event portion of its 12th Annual Bald is Beautiful fundraiser. The event, which had been scheduled for Saturday, May 2nd, will now transition to online-only with exclusive focus on virtual fundraising.
While we all engage in social distancing for the greater good – no head shaving this year! – you may be wondering how you can help. It’s simple: you can make a tremendous difference in the lives of local cancer patients by fundraising from the safety and comfort of your own home! Even during this most challenging time we can still come together as a community even if we cannot congregate in person, all while we raise funds to care for and support family, friends and neighbors who need us now more than ever before.
All Bald is Beautiful proceeds support the Patient Relief Fund and Cancer Care Fund and directly benefit local cancer patients and care at the Norris Cotton Cancer Center – Kingsbury Pavilion. The Patient Relief Fund provides assistance to patients having difficulty covering daily living costs such as gas, heat, and groceries. The Cancer Care Fund enables the purchase of equipment and items for patient care and comfort at the Kingsbury Pavilion, such as medical lifts, television monitors for chemotherapy infusion chairs, and blanket warmers.
We encourage you to sign up online today to begin your fundraising and help us support one of our most at-risk patient populations during this global health emergency.
We will not be holding the live shave event this year due to COVID-19. Here are some things that you can do instead:
• Share why you are passionate about this cause. Creating your page to share how cancer has touched you or a loved one is a powerful way to raise awareness and support for patients in treatment.
• Use Bald is Beautiful to teach others about the power of community.
• If a participant has 10 or more inches of hair, it can be donated to Pantene Great Lengths once social distancing restrictions have been lifted. Contact MJD & Co. Hair Design and tell them your appointment is for Bald is Beautiful. Let us know if you’d like the moment captured and we’ll come take photos!
To view photos from the 2019 event, please visit Scott Hussey’s website. Thank you, Scott!
Tips for fundraising:
- Let people know why you are participating.
- Use all kinds of media – Facebook, Twitter, email, phone calls, etc. to ask for donations.
- Share stories (with permission if needed) of people you know who have been impacted by cancer.
- Start fundraising early.
- Say “Thank You” often!!
Thank you to Scott Hussey Photography for being the photo sponsor for Bald is Beautiful! Scott joins us again this year and will be taking wonderful Before & After photos of participants. To view the 2019 photo gallery, please visit Scott’s website. Thank you!
For questions or more information:
Please contact Jennifer Doyle, Events & Communications at 603-354-5454 x2116 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you for supporting our local cancer patients!
*The Patient Relief Fund provides financial assistance to local patients receiving care at the Kingsbury Pavilion who have difficulty covering daily living costs like gas, heating fuel, and groceries. The Cancer Care Fund allows the purchase of equipment and items for patient care and comfort at the Kingsbury Pavilion.
Thank you to our current 2020 sponsors!
To learn more about becoming a sponsor of Bald is Beautiful, please contact Jim Boden, Director of Annual Giving, at 603-354-6810.