Saturday, May 4, 2019
9AM – 2PM
MJD & Co. Hair Design
The Center at Keene
149 Emerald Street, Keene, NH
Bald is Beautiful is a fundraiser for Cheshire Medical Center’s NCCC Kingsbury Pavilion, our local nonprofit cancer center in Keene, NH. Participants gather donations from their neighbors, co-workers, family and friends and, in turn for that support, have their head or beard shaved, or donate their hair, courtesy of MJD & Co. Hair Designs.
Proceeds support the Patient Relief and Cancer Care Funds.
Do I need to shave my head? No!
• New this year! Shave your Beard!
• If a participant has 10 or more inches of hair, it can be donated to Pantene Great Lengths. This can be done instead of, or in addition to, shaving your head.
• Join a team, only one team member has to shave their head.
• Instead of shaving, share why you are passionate about this cause. Creating your page to share how cancer has touched you or a loved one is a powerful way to raise awareness and support for patients in treatment.
Tips for fundraising:
- Let people know why you are participating.
- Use all kinds of media – Facebook, Twitter, email, phone calls, etc. to ask for donations.
- Ask local businesses to donate to you and/or your team.
- Share stories (with permission if needed) of people you know who have been impacted by cancer.
- Start fundraising early.
- Say “Thank You”!!
Thank you to Scott Hussey Photography for being the photo sponsor for Bald is Beautiful! Scott will be back again this year to photograph Before & After shots of participants. To view the 2018 photo gallery, please visit Scott’s website. Thank you!
For questions or more information:
Please contact Genny Alexander, Events Planner, at 603-354-5454 x2116 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you for supporting our local cancer patients!
Thank you to our 2019 sponsors!
To learn more about becoming a sponsor of Bald is Beautiful, please contact Jim Boden, Director of Annual Giving, at 603-354-6810.
For 11 years, MaryJane and her staff have helped make Bald is Beautiful a success. Thank you sharing your time and talent to support local cancer patients!